Continuing Education Opportunities
Please send any professional development opportunities or University Courses to the webmaster to post on this page.
- The Middle Kingdom in Middle School: A STARTALK Program on Building and Sustaining an Effective Chinese Language Program in the Middle Years
- DATES: Residential program July 24-30, 2011; Online sessions July 1-22 & August 1-26, 2011
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, May 16, 2011 (applications will be accepted on a rolling basis)
- CONTACT: Lauren Collins, email@example.com, 303-735-5120
- INFORMATION & APPLICATION: www.colorado.edu/cas/tea/programs/startalk_program.htm
Hello IATLC member,
You may have heard by now about the great news of the award of a STARTALK grant to Idaho to create a Chinese Institute for teachers and students this Aug 7-20. The first week will include instruction for teachers and students, while the second week camp will continue with high school students.
If you have taught Chinese or are interested in perhaps teaching it in the future, please e-mail me and request an application for the Institute. We are interested in promoting the expansion of the language in Idaho to world language teachers who may have a background in another language.
The Institute is free and will include a week of expansion (or introduction) to Chinese language and culture. We are seeking approximately 20 teachers for this program, which will take place on the shores of Payette Lake at the U of I extension campus. Students will live on campus, and teachers will stay in a hotel in McCall.
Please let me know if you are interested—a more complete brochure will be mailed out within the next two weeks so so.
Peggy J. Wenner Ph.D.
Arts and Humanities Coordinator
Idaho State Department of Education
650 W. State St.
Boise, Idaho 83720-0027